Top 10 Best Tea For Health To Drink And Their Incredible Health Benefits
Tea is a beverage that is made by adding herbs or shrubs to boiled water. Teas are the second most consumed beverage all around the world after water. Over thousands of years, Tea has gained popularity among all individuals and has worked wonders for many.
Not a single day goes by when we do not think of having a hot cup of Tea in our hands. After coming back from the hectic schedule, people might not eat food, but they cannot skip Tea.
Tea began as a medicine and grew into a beverage.
Tea was discovered in China. The people made the remarkable discovery that certain magical aromatic plants can do wonders when added to water. The plant that was found was “Camellia Sinensis.” They found that when tea leaves were added to water, it turned into a refreshing aromatic drink, which helped monks prevent sleeping during long hours of meditation.
Tea is classified as herbal and non-herbal teas:
- Herbal teas are made from herbs, roots, fruits, or seeds. Some herbal teas include chamomile tea, ginger tea, hibiscus tea, peppermint, etc. They are natural and are free from caffeine.
- On the other hand, non-herbal teas are derived from the Camellia Sinensis plant and contain caffeine, which helps in increasing mental alertness. Different teas are obtained from the plant depending on different processing levels. Some non-herbal teas include Green Tea, Black Tea, White Tea, oolong tea, etc.
Drinking Tea calms our minds and makes us feel refreshed. The medicinal properties of Tea provide us multiple health benefits, and tea contains less caffeine than coffee and is thus preferred by many.
Here is a list of the top 10 best Tea for health to add right away to your routine.
10. Rose Hip Tea
Rosehips, which are the pseudo-fruits of rose plants, are found below the rose petals. They are small and round, having red or orange skin.
Rosehip tea is a herbal tea used as a natural herbal remedy for centuries and has a slight floral sweet with a tangy flavor aftertaste.
The health benefits of drinking Rosehip Tea are:
- Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, it boosts immunity and aids weight loss.
- It helps to maintain heart health by reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, the Tea may prevent Arthritis and help in reducing the pain.
- It is effective towards cramps, acidity and keeps the digestive system healthy.
9. Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus tea is an herbal tea made from dried parts of the hibiscus plant. The Tea has a dark red or magenta color, having the taste of cranberries, which can be sweet or sour. The Tea can be consumed hot or cold depending on your preference and choice.
The health benefits of drinking Hibiscus Tea are:
- People suffering from high blood pressure and cholesterol can consume this Tea to lower their levels.
- It may aid in weight loss.
- Rich in antioxidants, the Tea may help to keep the liver and heart healthy.
- It is also seen that this Tea has powerful anti-cancer properties.
- It may help to fight bacterial infections as well.
8. Cardamom Tea
Cardamom is an aromatic spice with a sweet flavor and gives a refreshing feeling, just like mint. Tea has been in use since ancient times in cooking and treating diseases. Not only in Tea, but cardamon is also added in sweets and savory for added taste and aroma.
The health benefits of drinking Cardamom Tea are:
- It is a stomach-soothing tea, i.e., it is used as a digestive aid to cure bloating and acidity in the stomach.
- For people who want to quit smoking, this Tea has proven to aid nicotine withdrawal.
- It helps to maintain heart health due to high potassium content.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties as well.
7. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is an herb, which is well known for its calming properties and has been consumed since ancient times as a natural remedy to treat many health issues.
Chamomile tea is made from dried chamomile flowers and is slowly becoming a popular beverage because of the many health benefits it offers.
The health benefits of drinking Chamomile Tea are:
- It helps with relaxation and improves sleep quality.
- The calming properties help to reduce menstrual pain in females.
- The anti-inflammatory properties help in lowering blood sugar levels and keep the digestive system healthy.
- It helps to boost immunity.
- It prevents bone loss that might lead to conditions like Osteoporosis.
6. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint is an aromatic herb added to a variety of products like toothpaste and candies for its pleasant and minty flavor.
Peppermint tea is a caffeine-free tea and popularly consumed for its refreshing flavor. Tea has been consumed for thousands of years for surprising health benefits.
The health benefits of drinking Peppermint Tea are:
- It may help to relieve discomforts of the digestive system such as bloating, acidity, and indigestion.
- People suffering from severe headaches or migraines can consume the Tea as it acts as a pain reliever.
- It keeps the immunity strong and reduces fatigue.
- It helps to relieve menstrual cramps for females as it acts as a muscle relaxant.
- It improves concentration and focus.
5. Ginger Tea
Not only does Ginger adds flavor to many cuisines but is also used since ancient times as an herbal remedy to cure health-related issues.
Enriched with Vitamin C and magnesium, a piping hot cup of ginger tea can beat the cold weather.
The health benefits of drinking Ginger Tea are:
- Consuming Ginger tea relieves motion sickness symptoms like vomiting and nausea.
- It boosts immunity and keeps the digestive system healthy.
- Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, it can help cure muscle and joint issues.
- It helps in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, thus maintaining heart health.
- Research has shown that Ginger may prevent the growth of cancer cells in the body, like pancreatic cancer and colon cancer.
- The Tea offers calming properties, and thus it helps relieve stress.
4. Black Tea
One of the most consumed Tea worldwide, black Tea is strong, low-calorie, and non-sweetened beverage. It contains caffeine but lesser as compared to coffee. The Tea is extracted from the plant Camellia Sinensis, whose leaves turn black due to the process of oxidation.
The health benefits of drinking Black Tea are:
- It is loaded with antioxidants that benefit heart health.
- Consuming black Tea may prevent the condition of atherosclerosis in which plaque gets built up in the walls of arteries.
- It helps to prevent the growth of tumor cells and reduces the risk of cancer.
- It reduces the risk of diabetes.
- It helps to reduce blood pressure and chances of stroke.
- As it is a non-sweetened beverage, it helps to lower blood sugar levels.
3. Tulsi Tea
‘Queen of herbs’ or ‘Holy Basil’ or Tulsi has been known for its healing properties in Ayurveda and is used to treat many health-related issues.
It is the most sacred herb in India and is consumed in many forms. People usually chew Tulsi leaves which can be beneficial for health, and Tulsi, in the form of Tea, provides many health benefits.
The health benefits of drinking Tulsi Tea are:
- It helps prevent respiratory disorders, which are mild like cold or cough, to severe conditions like bronchitis or asthma.
- It has anti-microbial properties that can fight against harmful germs in the mouth.
- Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, it is suitable for people with arthritis as it can help reduce pain in the joints.
- It helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
2. White Tea
White Tea is made from the same plant as black Tea, Camellia Sinensis. The processing methods are different due to which each Tea has its own characteristics.
The leaves and buds are white when picked, due to which the Tea got its name as White Tea. The health benefits of Tea are numerous.
The health benefits of drinking White Tea are:
- It retains higher amounts of antioxidants as compared to black Tea.
- It boosts immunity and maintains heart health.
- Being a good source of caffeine, the Tea may aid in weight loss.
- It helps strengthen teeth by fighting bacteria and other harmful germs present in the mouth.
- It also prevents the growth of cancer cells in the body and help in improving blood sugar level.
- White Tea may help lower the risk of Osteoporosis by maintaining strong bone density.
1. Green Tea
Brewed from the dried leaves of Camellia Sinensis, Green Tea is made from unoxidized leaves and thus is the least processed. This is why it is the healthiest of all and contains a high amount of antioxidants and nutrients.
Since ancient times, green Tea has been in use in China and Japan because of its multiple health benefits.
The health benefits of drinking Green Tea are:
- Enriched with antioxidants, Green Tea prevents the risk of cancer.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Brimmed with caffeine, it improves the functioning of the brain and prevents aging.
- Drinking Green Tea reduces stroke risk as well.
Having a cup of Tea can take all the stress away from your busy schedule. These are natural teas, and they do not cause any harm if consumed within limit. One must definitely give these top 10 best tea for health to drink a try and notice the health changes they offer.