Top 10 Amazing Benefits Of Traveling – Learn Why You Need To Travel More
Did you know that your life can become better and joyful when you travel?
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.Saint Augustine
Based on the above Saint Augustine’s quote, we discover that the world resembles a book and that everyone has already read it, yet a page, and to read other pages, you’ve to begin or continue traveling.
As we move on, we have to agree on something; you’ll find another valid excuse why you’re not traveling and not claiming you lack enough money, time, or that you’re not interested in reading other pages of this interesting book, entitled ‘The World.’
Here, the pages refer to various places in the world. And just like the pages of a book, every place is full of fascinating stories of people, features, birds, and animals, but how can you even try to figure out the mystery of the stories of the world if you’re not traveling?
Perhaps it’s not your fault you’re not visiting new places, but one thing I know, we own the world. So, if you own the world, it’s possible that you can own a book too, yet keeping a book which you read one page only, I tell you for free, that’s a poor reading habit.
Remember, Saint Augustine doesn’t give the specific page you’ll have read if you don’t travel. It could be in the middle of the book, the first page, or toward the end. Imagine you randomly open a book and read any page? Again I say to you, that’s a poor reading habit.
Traveling is the act of going from one place to another. You can journey or go for a trip by moving on the road, in the air, across the oceans as for pleasure, looking for some employment, preaching, or to explore places.
Regardless of whether you travel for pleasure, it would be best if you gained plenty of things. You get to understand the culture of other people and their history, gain new friends, fresh stories, and new encounters, thus creating splendid memories in your life.
Studies show that traveling has got health benefits, including stress and anxiety relief and lowering the chances of heart diseases, and improving your general well-being; that’s your body and mind.
See, you’re taking a long walk in the sun in the morning when visiting a certain place. As you spend some time in the sun walking, will boost your vitamin D levels, improve your mood, and you’ll have at the same time been exercising your body.
Therefore, there’s a need to create time; however, busy you could be. Plan and tour a new city at least once or twice in a year, and as you travel, ensure you’re free from your everyday pressures, the official duties, or any daily confinements.
The following are the top benefits of traveling and visiting new places:
10. Traveling Improves Your Health
As mentioned earlier, traveling can mend your health in several ways. Some health benefits of traveling include;
- Cutting down your burnouts and stress through positive experiences.
- Lowering your chances of developing heart disease.
- Traveling helps exercise your body, good for your muscles and bones.
- Creating time to eat proper and delicious food often whenever you feel hungry because you’re free from the daily responsibilities causes you to skip some meals.
- It’s on a trip that you can avoid frozen-food dinners and fast-breakfasts. It’s also an opportunity to try amazing local foods.
- Traveling all day long makes you tired; therefore, it’s a great chance to sleep a lot and even have a nap during the day. Beauty sleep is good for your health.
- Traveling encourages movement and interaction. Walking on a trip, you get enough fresh air and experiences that improve your tan and help break the boredom caused by sitting behind a desk working all day.
- Traveling is a break to go outdoors and get enough sun, Vitamin D.
- Laughter, every trip accompanies lots of laughing. If you were on a journey with your friends or family, but you did not laugh, then arrange another trip.
Note: Get in touch with your physician before you travel. Some regions potentially have dangerous diseases; your doctor might recommend some medication to accompany you on your trip.
9. Traveling Improves Your Language Skills
Unless you don’t want to, it’s obvious you’re going to learn one or two extra words whenever you visit any place. You can travel to a place they speak the same language as you, but you’ll be surprised to learn that they only use some expressions there.
What about the places they don’t speak your native language? It becomes hard to relate to the locals. Perhaps you want to buy something; you’ll have to point at things. But as you interact with the residents, you gradually learn their language.
Let’s say you’re back from your trip, and once you reach home, you must narrate your interesting adventures in a proper language, and in a way, everyone understands, and that includes the unfamiliar words you learned. And that’s one way of developing your speech.
8. Traveling Enhances Creativity
Yes, you’re innovative, but if you want to get more creative, then travel. Your comfort zone infringes on your ability to try new things.
The moment you visit a foreign place, your senses and everything, including what you know, seems fresh. Mmm! The bubbles of people speaking a strange language in the streets, the smells and scents, new music, and even the challenges.
Now the creativity comes in once you face a new challenge when you’re a stranger, and locals don’t speak your native language. Let’s say you want to find your way around, learn to know how to use chopsticks, or bargain at the market.
You need to be practical and think differently to find a solution. And this is the time you develop original thoughts and skills that you doubt you had within you. Therefore, traveling improves cognition.
7. Traveling Makes You More Confident And Independent
Traveling can boost your confidence; how? We’ve just discussed how challenges can force you to become creative, and it takes courage to try something new.
We consider people who dare to be more confident without confidence and no creativity. If you try something new and work out, you learn to depend on yourself.
Challenges That Can Boost Your Confidence
You’re likely to experience these challenges only if you’re a traveler.
- Bargaining, especially when the locals don’t speak your native language.
- You find yourself alone in an unknown place; you need courage as you wander to find your way out.
- You ask for directions, and you’re taken to the area chief, who seems unfriendly; how do you deal with that situation?
- You’re hungry, but the meals do not conform to your culture or beliefs. Will you eat or not?
- Scary stories about the places you visit, such as a three-head monster that appears to visitors only, yet to find out it wasn’t true.
Finding yourself in such resilient situations, you cannot rely on friends or relatives, but yourself. And this is how traveling forces you to be resourceful; you learn how to handle obstacles, and as you cope with challenges, you find out your bravery.
6. Traveling Creates Lifetime Memories And Experiences.
I’ve cherished no moments in life rather than the times I was traveling. No matter how petty your journey was, I’m sure it left a memory that you can never forget.
How Traveling Creates Memories And Experiences
These are experiences that you could never encounter without traveling.
- If you travel, you meet people that may influence your life and thinking. Some of them may even become lifetime friends.
- On your trip, you may learn new skills that you will want to try that at home. And every time you use that skill, it reminds you of where you first learn it.
- It’s also an opportunity to try activities you’ve never tried or you can’t try at home.
- You get to see beautiful landscapes and cities that do not exist at home.
Do you have a photo album? Open it, and you’ll realize that within no time, you’ll smile or frown. The pictures will remind you of your past happy and low memories. So, as you travel, remember to take photos and record your experiences for future reference.
- Read Also – Top 10 Best Places To Visit In Australia
5. Traveling Helps You To Gather Stories
I relate this point to the previous one about the memories and experiences you create on a trip. The memories are just stories. Parents and guardians realize how children love stories.
To find some for them, trips are the best moments to gather fast hand craziest and exciting things that eventually become significant stories that you can share with friends and your children and grandchildren.
4. Travelings Helps You To Understand Of Other Cultures
Are you a fan of traveling, or you have to start your journeys? You’ll concur with me that if you read or watched the news on TV about the mystery of a certain culture and visited the region, it will surprise you to find out that the news was missing a ton of information about that place.
We travel for different reasons, yes, but those who travel, they develop a deep understanding of other cultures; you broaden your mind against a biased perspective about society and learn to tolerate and appreciating different individuals.
3. Traveling Helps You To Gain Real-life Education And Useful Knowledge
Real-life education is more memorable and knowledgeable because you can identify with it, and the memories are part of who you are.
We fill textbooks and Google with facts and fiction about the world, in that, by fantasy, we can visit places, meet new people, and exchange ideas, yes. Yet, the facts about world features and creatures can only be felt, smelled, tasted, or heard when you physically approach them.
If you’re hungry, you can’t read through the facts about meals to fill your empty stomach; you need authentic food. Travel, go touch and feel the crying stone of Kakamega.
2. Traveling Helps You To Understand Yourself
Traveling disconnects you from your daily routine and forces you to deal with uncertainty. Once you manage the challenges, you realize how strong you can adapt to change.
Challenges can also help you understand your strengths and weaknesses. Imagine you are on a trip, and your leader collapses. That’s when you test your limits; you learn to ‘first aid,’ lead your fellow members, and soon you understand whether you can be an excellent leader or not.
The above are just two scenarios that can help you understand yourself. To find more about your true self, travel, and welcome the challenges.
1. Traveling Increases Love For Your Home
“East or West, home is the best.” Wendy Wunder said, “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” If you’ve ever left and returned your home, you truly understand the meaning of these words.
You can also read these 5 Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Travelling Abroad
At last, I can say, Living in a place you know less about is like listening to a song with a familiar title, but you don’t know the lyrics.
The world is full of exciting stories, it’s a much better place than what you see on TV, and that’s why you need to travel. Traveling is healthy, and you don’t want that poor health. Then, book your ticket, pack your bags, and adventure.